Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Thing #1

Life long learning..... This is definitely something that I feel most people take for granted, or forget to do. I believe this is one of our greatest gifts; to be able to continuously learn and grow no matter our age or ability. Every interaction is a learning opportunity. We just need to open our mind up to the idea. I have found myself always taking full advantage of my ability to be a lifelong learner. There are definite things that I know are my strong points, and some that are my weakest when it comes to me growing as a person, student and future educator. My strongest habit I have in becoming a lifelong learner is my ability to set goals way ahead in the future, and without much trouble, I am able to reach 99% of those goals. Goal setting is not the problem. Where my true kryptonite lay, is within my lack of ability to view problems as challenges. I don't like things getting in my way, or slowing the achievement of my goals down. Those unforeseen issues are like a thorn in my side. I am aware of this inability to get past this habit and try to work towards viewing problems as a character builder and a learning opportunity, not only for that specific problem, but  for myself personally.

This blog is definitely helping me in the journey of being a lifelong learner. I have never blogged before or knew how to do it! This is definitely out of my comfort zone, but I am enjoying it so far. It was really simple setting up the blog, and surprisingly easy to figure out what I want to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment